The fact is many of us are clever or witty but no-one credits us with the quotation. Proverbs probably came from someone’s sharp tongued grandma and Uncle Bob used rhyming slang that no-one understood. People will read the same page of inspirational quotes and be inspired by different ones.
Fact is people just like quotes. It’s something we work to remember, sometimes its what we work to create, and sometimes a quote we say goes viral for all the wrong reasons.
In the dime stores and bus stations people talk of situations
Read books, repeat quotations, draw conclusions on the wall
- Quotations can come from anywhere – books, song lyrics, speeches…
- Quotes can come in different forms – text, image, audio, video, t-shirts…
- They can be famous or anonymous, inspirational or satyrical…
They just need to be quoteable…
- Trivia quotes can be quotes about something… as this one is about trivia.
I think I’m a trivia nerd. I love to learn about everything. I’m curious.
- …or trivia quotes can simply include a piece of trivia
“A plumped feather bed may have looked divine, but occupants quickly found themselves sinking into a hard, airless fissure between billowy hills. Support was on a lattice of ropes, which could be tightened with a key when they began to sag (hence the expression “sleep tight”).”
Bill Bryson, At Home: A Short History of Private Life
Enjoy our trivia quotes and please feel free to spread them by sharing them on facebook or wherever else you choose to, because that’s why we created them for you.